Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Happy Anniversary, Dr. Jon!

This month my tormenter V-E-T, Dr. Jon Culbertson, is celebrating 25 years of putting thermometers where thermometers shouldn't go.

Yay.

Once a year (and only once a year, if I'm lucky), my posse travels to the Thorntown Veterinary Clinic to make sure I'm healthy, trim, alert and responsive, and able to continue eating treats at an epic rate.  Dr. Jon gets to gaze into my remarkable eyes, look at my pearly-white teeth, pet my luxurious furs, and *ahem* look at my immaculately clean hindparts.

Then he stabs me in the butt with a ginormous needle and AAB Karen gives him money.

Here he is with his minions:


Well, "minions" might be a bit strong.  "Apprentice evildoers" maybe.  "Henchmen" (and "henchwomen").  Hmmm.  I'll work on the terminology.

Anyhoo, he's the one on the right. He's probably in the middle of an evil laugh.

My posse tells me that it really isn't that bad and that I couldn't possibly find a better, nicer group of people to do all of the rude things that Dr. Jon and his staff  do to me. 

Then I show them this picture:


This is almost exactly like my Thunderboomer Face, only my pupils aren't quite as biggified. 

Oh, geez, now AB Christine is accusing me of being melodramatic

FINE.

Dear Dr. Jon and TVC minions Staff,

Congratulations on 25 years of poking, prodding, and stabbing poor helpless animals.  You are very good at what you do.  Thanks for being an awesome V-E-T and keeping me nice and healthy!

Purrs and headbutts (and a bite if you come near me with a thermometer),

Tober

PS They put pictures of the "Pet of the Day" on their Facebook page.  It's kind of fun to look at.  All of the dogs are like "Hey, yay!  I'm at the Vet!  I have no idea what's getting ready to happen to me!  Yay!  I rode in a car today!  Yay!" and the cats look a little more, uh, apprehensive.  Yep, we know what's up.

11 comments:

Jo's World said...

Oh Tober!

You just get so melodramatic over every thing that comes your way. You have a nice vet, you should be more than happy about that. A thermometer up your anus is no big deal!

Ziva Zophia Tortie (Zkhat!)

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood.....we hope yur vet gives ya a nice pail oh fish when ya leeve hiz office ...after all, ewe IZ famouz N he can tell all de peepulz him noez...hay, eye am de doc that tober comes ta see.....tober de famouz library cat...yea, him shuld bee givin ewe sum fish :) !!!

ellie said...

Aww Tober. Glad that unwanted visit to the man in the blue overalls is over for another year! :)

The Island Cats said...

Happy Anniversary to your v-e-t, even if he puts the look of fear on your face, Tober. ;)

Poppy Q said...

Cats sure are smart and have the vet all figured out. I go very very quiet.

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

Tober, that was very nice of you to give a shout out to someone very important in your life, even though they aren't your favorite people ever..

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

We so understand how you feel Tober! You want to be happy for the guy, but you just can't quite bring yourself to show it, or actually feel it......

Mandu said...

This reminds me...
Must go for a Pedicure!
Mandu

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Tober!!!!!!! We are officially firing your help! We will be gin looking for new help for you immediately! We miss you!

Team Tabby said...

Hope you are having a great summer, Tober! We are with you in that we hate going to visit the vet, no matter how nice they appear to be.

Mindy
Moe
Cookie
Mike

Safe Haven Hotel said...

How kind that you paid tribute to your vet and his "helpers" for their care and evil doings to ensure your kids stay safe! *L*

Loved the description of having rectal temps taken and getting paid to do it!