Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Creature feature!

Hi guys!  Long time, no see!  You can blame my absence from the Internet on AB Christine.  Big surprise.  First she claimed excessive busy-ness, then she took Unauthorized Vacation, then she called the Library and said she had something called The Floo.  Meanwhile, I've been languishing away in the book return (which has been moved so that no books are returned on top of me).

Before all of the busy-ness and Vacationing and Floo, we had several interruptions in my library life.  It was absolutely horriblefying!

First, THIS showed up in the mail:


What could possibly be in that package?  Huh.  Let's open it.


Oh look--snacks!  The kind you can hunt down, then eat!  I gave them a few sniffs to see if they were high-quality ants or some generic off-brand.


Guess what?  They would have been really tasty. . . but these were "special" ants.  AAB Kathy ordered them to live in the library's Ant Farm this summer.  They're on display in the youth department if anyone's interested.  FYI all of the ants are girl ants, and all of them survived AB Christine's refrigeration (which included setting a timer, then leaving said timer in ANOTHER ROOM, then going "OH NO" and thawing the ants a few minutes too late, then realizing she wasn't ready for them yet, then re-refrigerating them while she inhaled more ant-sand, and finally dumping them into their new home).  These ladies must have some sort of ant superpowers to survive her "care."

Personally I don't know why we had to order them.  All we really have to do is drop a cracker on the tile and leave it overnight; then we would have an antstravaganza the next morning.

Here they are in their new home:



I was relieved that these "Live Creatures" were not soft, fluffy, and lovable.  I demand ALL of the attention around here, and I don't want some silly Ant Farm decreasing my daily allotment of pettings, treats, and tummy rubs.

Then something UNTHINKABLE happened.

Do you remember Not-Tober?  He was that funny-smelling, MY litterbox-using Imposter that my treacherous library staff made a big fuss over a couple years ago.  I was pretty mad about that incident, and rightfully so.  I fired almost all of my staff (except Kathy) because they all fell under his spell.

I re-hired them soon after because it's easier to scam treats out of multiple people each day.

Anyhow, I thought they learned their lessons.  Well.

Exhibit A:

Pig.
Exhibit B:

Lazy.

I would post more pictures of the rotten little thing, but I already know all of the human readers are "aawwwing" and "squeeing" and probably fainting with happiness over seeing such a tiny smelly kitten on my blog.  Okay, okay. . . AB Traitor Christine even took a MOVIE of the dumb kitten:


Notice how the silly little thing has NO sense of "personal space" and very little in the way of coordination.  NOT cat-like at all.  Very likely defective.

Thankfully someone stuffed it (i.e. placed it gently) in a (well-ventilated) cardboard box and took it (to a good) home at the end of the day.

Bossing is hard.

Purrs & Headbutts,

Tober

7 comments:

Sparkle said...

For a moment there, Tober, I thought you had a new assistant!

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Talk about job stress! Have you thought about going on strike, Tober? We would come and picket with you

da tabbies o trout towne said...

cranberreez dood...we thinked ewe getted sum fishin werms when we red yur post title N thinked ta R selves...saweet...tober's gonna have a fun day and lots oh spare snaks at dayz end !!

ants !!! ????

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Tober so good to see you.
Awww for a split second we thought the same thing Sparkle did! I bet you could use a nice assistant! But we are glad to know the little furry one got a good home.

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Holy smokes Tober! All kinds of critters are trying to move in with you! We are very glad that other kitty has found a good home, but don't you think it would be nice to have some company?

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

So is this "Not Tober Too"?

I'm sure you'll find him a good home right quick..

ellie said...

Oh Tober! what with little critters and small furry Tober imposter (albeit very cute one!)an invasion of Tober territory and hope all's back to normal soon :)