Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Festival of the Floaty Book Sale, Part 1

Last week was THAT week in my Library. You know, the week when the staff Ignores me, then moves ALL of my furnitures (including the toilet!!!!), then lets Strangers with funny booties into my building, and then moves stuff BACK on the following Monday.

Festival of the Turning Leaves/Book Sale/Carpet Cleaning/Mess Week.

So I knew something was up when I saw cutout letters and huge pieces of paper lying around.


Am I Evergreen? Actually, I'm annoyed that all of this stuff is on my floor.

So first my Staff started working on the Float. Last year they had the Floatiest of All Floats, but this year they thought they would be Rebels and ignore the Festival theme. (The theme was Remember the Golden Oldies, but no one could agree on what a Golden Oldie was, so they gave up. Too much hard thinking.) Then they got super-rebellious and decided to borrow steal another library's parade theme. ("Borrowing" is when you ask first. More on that later.)

Anyway, once they got the preliminaries for the Stolen Float underway, they decided to set up the Humongous Book Sale.

For some reason the AABs were all excited when this sign was the first one out of the box:


This would have been helpful, except for the fact that the Very Nice Volunteers who showed up to help set up the sale really needed the signs that said stuff like fiction, nonfiction, VHS, etc. so that they could put things in the right places.

Luckily they found the signs before real Mayhem ensued. (You've never seen mayhem like Festival of the Turning Leaves/Book Sale/Carpet Cleaning/Mess Week Mayhem!)

So the Book Sale got set up, thanks to the efforts of many Volunteers and Staff:


AAB Miss Shirley found lots of Stuffies that were put up for adoption during the sale. Here they are looking cute and adoptable:


Now, please take special note of the Stuffie on the bottom left of the picture. One of my ABs (oh wait, I only have ONE of those) took it upon herself to harass me with that Stuffie. This was uncalled-for behavior, and I made my displeasure known:


See my displeasure?

Okay, I think I'd better pause my telling of Festival of the Turning Leaves/Book Sale/Carpet Cleaning/Mess Week right now. My pawpads are getting sore from all the typing and I really really need a snack.

Exhaustedly Yours,

Tober

PS The harassing Stuffie, and most of his friends, have been adopted by loving families.

6 comments:

Luxington said...

Even when you are looking displeased you still look like one of the most handsome cats ever!

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Tober, anytime you need to get away from all the craziness there, you are more than welcome to teleport over here to stay with us for awhile.

Stella said...

Hello Tober! What a nightmare THAT must have been. You show you ability and strength when you put up with all that nonsense. I hope this book sale doesn't happen All that often!

You asked in your recent comment if I allowed my Mom to furminate me and Yes! I do. Mostly because Stella won't permit the use of the Furminator so it makes me the better more cooperative pet if I do. Sometimes I allow her to do both sides and sometimes just one, you know, depending on how I am feeling.

I send sweet purrrrs to you,

Ali Zophia (Zkhat)

Sparkle said...

OMC, Tober, that is EXACTLY the face I make when my human tries to get me to pose with a stuffie!

BTW, I think it would have been much better, if free tuna juice had been offered instead of coffee.

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

We are sure you were about to smack that stuffie with your paw of doom!

ellie said...

Your face says it all! It's funny how our two legs friends think us felines can be friends with a stuffie!however cute they look :)