Thursday, March 12, 2009

My letter to Microsoft.

Dear Microsoft,

I think you need to add Tober to your Dictionary. When someone types about me, the Evil Spellchecker tries to replace my name (which is Tober) with tuber (among other things). This is what it looks like:


To clarify things, this is what Tober (that's me!) looks like:


This is a potato--an example of a tuber:


As you can see, there is absolutely no resemblance.

Now, I do realize that there is an "Add to Dictionary" button in the little Spellchecker box. The point is that I should already be in the Dictionary.

I wouldn't even have minded if the Evil Spellchecker tried to call me October, since my Finding Day is in October, for which I was named.

I have previously addressed this issue in my Blog, The Adventures of Tober, the Thorntown Library Cat, which should be required reading for your Organization. I am a Very Good Library Boss, and you can learn a lot about how to manage your Staff and get them to love you at the same time. I'm sure Mr. Gates will direct you to read about me, since he has been such a Big Library Helper.

I am considering writing a letter to the Oxford English Dictionary People as well, since they will want to include me in the next edition.

Respectfully,

Tober, Boss
Thorntown Public Library

Let's hope this does the trick.

10 comments:

Us4 Cats said...

with such a stunning cat as you are they need to get it right to honor thy name correctly! geesh, dictionaries! theys a pain.

The Island Cats said...

We hope Microsoft smartens up and adds you to the dictionary!

anne said...

Tober, you might be interested to know that your name in Irish means "well" as in a water well. And you nothing like a tuber!

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

We are gonna check our spell checker and add your name if it isn't there. Then we will get a petition started that future upgrades of the spellchecker have Tober added.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

You don't look at all like a tuber to us. We think you definitely should be in the OED.

Liss said...

You are so pretty, I like your blog!

Trey said...

My Mommy comes home from work and calls me "Tober" on accident. Then she apologizes a lot and gives me Extra-Special scratches and pettings.

Gisa Berret said...

Wonderful new layout Tober!

Jans Funny Farm said...

Very good letter, Tober! We hope you get a positive response.

Stupidosaur said...

Of course there is loads of resemblance!


Tober, you are a Couch Potato ;)