Friday, February 20, 2009

People are strange.

Today the library staff and customers behaved very strangely.

Everyone was working just like they're supposed to (most of them in their assigned places), when suddenly everyone got up, went Downstairs, and walked outside (where it was very cold). It was weird.

Then they all started yelling and flapping their arms. Even weirder. That must have tired everyone out, because they came back inside and had cake, ice cream, and pink lemonade.

I found out later that they were celebrating some odd Human holiday called Hoodie Hoo Day. Apparently, Humans have the ability to chase winter away. I think that maybe I should be Very Nice to the Library staff and customers, since they may possess other Super-Powers that I don't know about.

They do this on February 20th every year, and I guess it works, because winter eventually goes away.

Today I tried Coffee for the first time. In case you did not know, most of my Assistant Assistant Bosses run on Coffee, kind of like how cars run on gasoline. They show up in the morning sometimes very droopy, but they perk up and run for the meeting room when one of them says, "The Coffee is ready." (The AABs who do not like Coffee seem to run on Chocolate instead.)

So I tried Coffee today, but I didn't really mean to. Assistant Boss Karen had a cup on my desk, and I was thirsty, so I took a drink. I thought it was my water cup. It should have been my water cup, since it was on my desk, right in front of me.

I don't think I like Coffee. Karen, Linda, and Christine seemed concerned that the Coffee would make me go crazy and skip my afternoon nap, but it just made me wash my face off and have a drink of water to get the bad taste out of my mouth. I licked some popcorn, washed my face some more, and took a nap.

I also had a close call with Ritchie, our new Custodian. He is a Nice Person, but he runs the Vacuum, which is this horrendous machine that they use to suck things off the floor. He was coming to my office to run the Vacuum, and I was leaving my office because I do not want to be trapped in a room with that horrible, scary, noisy thing, and we ran into each other. I didn't mean to startle him, especially since he's already (very unfortunately) Allergic to the Majestic Feline Species. I guess it's because of the awful Vacuum-running that I don't make him sneeze.

Because you have been deprived of a fantastic photo of me for over a week, I will leave you with this:


Can you see me? You might think that I am Very Brave to climb so high, but it is funny to hear the Library staff run around and say "Tober! Tober! Where are you?" when I'm up on a shelf relaxing.

Hoodie Hoo!

Tober

7 comments:

Katiez Furry Mewz said...

wow what inturrstin advenzhurs you gots!

nevfur hurds of hoody day... maybe we tri dat in kansas.

i fink coffee n caffiene not goods fur kitties. good fing you dint like it.

stiks ta warm milk... i alwayz say.

katie too.
n da katz gang.

Brownie said...

Hello Tober, nice to meet you! I looks like being a library cat is awesome, we don't have a local library, so I don't know how does it feels :(

Poppy Q said...

Hi Tober,
my mum says she wishes I could get a job in the library too. My name is Poppy Q, and I am a British shorthair cat, and I live with my mum in New Zealand.

Nice to meet you.

Poppy Q

Alexi said...

My Blu Cat man is a 'brarian. But I don't get to go wif him. We both wish I could go. I would get to be wif him in his beatyful building. Here's the linky to his library's website.
http://www.florencelibrary.org

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

We luvs that hoodie hoo day cellybrashun! The humans must have looked so silly. Too bad you couldn't get a picture of it. teeheehee!

It's so wonderful meeting you! We heard about you over at the Cat Blogosphere. We will be stopping in everyday to visit you and your library escapades. Our Mom is reading the Dewey library cat book right now. Maybe you should think about writing one yourself someday?

Laila and Minchie
Schaumburg, IL

Tober the Cat said...

Thank You for all of the Nice Comments!

Next year I will try extra hard to have one of my Assistant Assistant Bosses take a picture of the weird Hoodie-Hoo Day ritual. It will be an eye-opener for you, because I don't think Cats would do such an odd thing.

They even have a special Hoodie-Hoo Apparatus to aid in the chasing away of winter.

Kimo and Sabi said...

Them beans does weird things fer da weather. We tried coffee once - we did not like it.

BTW - nice to meeto you fer da furst time. We knoew about Dewey, da library cat, but we just found out about you. We fink living in a library would be fun. Do you have yer own FaceBook page like Dewey?